What does over-dimensional shipping really mean?
Over-dimensional freight generally refers to any item that exceeds one or more of the standard legal size criteria. These criteria often vary by state or province. As a general rule, any shipment that exceeds 53′ long, 8′ 6″ wide or 13′ 6″ tall may be considered oversize or over-dimensional.
Nationwide is a recognized leader in transportation solutions for over-dimensional and overweight loads. Our national network of experienced specialized drivers and access to over-dimensional equipment allows us to provide the full spectrum of oversize and over-dimensional logistics solutions for our clients.
When it comes to managing over-dimensional and oversize cargo, Nationwide is the clear choice. Our national carrier network and unmatched experience allows us to plan and manage your heavy over-dimensional shipment safely and at the lowest possible cost.
When you work with Nationwide, you can expect the following high level of service with your over-dimensional shipment.
- Always on Time Shipment Guarantee + On-site representation
- Commitment to the Highest Standards of Operational Safety
- Detailed route and bridge surveys and site reports to identify & manage challenges
- Lift plan & tie-down recommendations
- Shipment analysis to reduce outside dimensions and weight as possible